Just got scammed at steam box vapes

Tanks & Rebuildables Just got scammed at steam box vapes

This topic contains 4 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  Tyler 1 week, 1 day ago.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author

Tyler
    Participant

So I usually am pretty good at doing my research but this time I messed up! I bought a smok beast tank, that came with regular coils or you can use it as an rta. so i was like cool. I really wanted to try making coils and using an rda for more flavor so i figured if i didnt like it i could just go back to using the regular tanks. I bought it for 55 dollars which felt a little high but whatever. Then he gives me the box, its the black smok box with no outer paper that it usually slides out of. so i was like cool alright. then i went home and noticed it didnt have any instructions or warning manuals, just nothing. so i was like that’s weird. i put it on the mod and it worked pretty good as the rta. looked down and all the juice leaked all over my hand from the tank. i added more cotton to the bottom by the airflows and it didnt leak as bad. then after 1 day of use, im getting an atomizer short icon on my mod, and getting .002 volts when i fire. i cleaned everything and switched from the rda tip to the regular coil tip on the same atty, and it worked for like 5 puffs and boom short. so now i have a leaky, shorty atty. i put my prince atty back and and it works like a charm.. i looked at the receipt to see if i can get a refund and they dont even have the name of anything i bought on the receipt, just how much i paid.. in conclusion make sure you really be cautious going to a new vape store. 🙁 lemme hear some of your guys bad experiences when it comes to shady vape dealers!

Steve

Sorry that happened to you! I would still try and take it back and see if you can either get your money back or even at the very least get store credit. I don’t really go into and of the local shops here as I know I am going to pay a huge mark up and can get better pricing online. I stick to the online retailers that I have been using for awhile, and every so often will find a new place and give them a try.

Tyler
    Participant

Yeah i seen that. Online is nice but I like to help local places sometimes. I usually go to madvapes, i should have stuck with them. I called steambox and they said it wasnt broke when I bought it.. lol its cool though. It showed me not to go back there. I might try the pericles rda when i get paid again!

Steve

That is the other problem with local places, most of them will not honor returns. Bad business practice if you ask me.

I had a problem with a local place years ago, was even a sponsor on our old forum, I went there and spent almost $200 on various things but it was not close, was over an hour ride and I saw they shipped so I ordered online from them the next time. Back then I wanted this Newport Eliquid and they carried it. I sent in an order for close to $75 and when I got it, was missing 3/4 of my order. I called and asked if some things were back ordered as they were not in the package. The guy there said no and went off calling me a liar and saying I was trying to scam them. It went back and forth and I even talked to the owner, they finally made good on what was missing but never saw another penny from me. Big mistake, like I told the owner, I was a paying customer and you treated me like trash.

Hope you get it all worked out.

Tyler
    Participant

UPDATE: my devilkin had a short in it, it wwent out for my other tank too. Went to mmadvapes today and they replaced my mod nno questions asked! Hopefully it wasnt the steam box addy that messed it up. Anyway im all good again! Love mad vapes!

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.