Wattage with RTA

Tanks & Rebuildables Wattage with RTA

This topic contains 7 replies, has 4 voices, and was last updated by  elmo01us 6 months, 1 week ago.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author

garrettb
    Participant

I would like to get into using RTA however, I’m a little confused about the wattage.

I’m not sure if there’s equations that must be used but how would I know the maximum wattage I can go up to on a certain coil? Or even what wattage to start at?

Steve

There is no set wattage based on the resistence of a coil, some manufactures of coils will put a recommended range of what they built the coil to vape best at and that is a good place to start. An RTA (rebuildable tank atomizer) is no different than a tank that takes stock coils except that you will build the coil and wick it. Generally, the lower the resistence of a coil, you will need more wattage to power that coil, but there is no rule. Best thing is to start off low and then gradually raise the wattage until you feel like you are getting the vape you are looking for with both flavor, vapor production, and temperature of the vape. What are you currently using, both what mod (s) and what tank (s) and what wattage are you using? What resistence coils are you using also?

The biggest concern with using RTA’s is making sure that your batteries can handle the resistence of the coils you wrap. Pulling too many amps from a battery that cannot support those amps can cause battery failure and battery venting.

Fireblood54
    Participant

Not sure if it will help, but works for me.
    Recently found an app on Google’s Play store called “Vape Tool”
    Its a good coil calculator and gives a decent amount of information on the free version.
    It gives an approximate heat (W) and power (A) value for the selected current “V” for the coil just calculated.
    I actually went and spend the $3 for the “pro” version and for me its well worth it
    Hopefully it helps

elmo01us
    Participant

I’m am also interested into getting an RTA, I’ve been looking at the Ares by Innokin cause I’m a MTL and it’s kinda geared for beginners it seems like any other suggestions for starter RTAs that MTL would be great or any other tips y’all can give

Steve

If you look in this forum, I have a thread about the Innokin Ares. I think the Innokin Ares is an awesome MTL RTA and very easy to build. I own two of them and use them daily, I would highly recommend this RTA to anyone who wants to get into RTA’s.

elmo01us
    Participant

Do you find that RTAs bring overall better flavor? I haven’t been long quit smoking and have found I enjoyed vaping some days better than others as far as flavor. Now I’ve have bought a few different flavors e-juice and have found some that we’re better. I ordered the ares as well as more wick and wire. I figured I can use the provided coils and practice making coils with the extra I bought till I can get confident. Now I didn’t get an ohm reader. I’m trying to spread the cost out, is it ok to not have one for short period or is it an absolute necessity. I don’t want to damage my mod but do plan to get one soon.

• This reply was modified 6 months, 1 week ago by  elmo01us.

Steve

As far as RTA’s being better for flavor, I will say that the Ares has really good flavor because of the way it is designed. It is designed to give throat hit. The advantage of building is that the coils last longer, really you just need to change the wick and not the coil about every week or so. Now as far as an Ohm reader being necessary, no you can use a mod to check resistence of your builds, you do want to make sure it is an accurate mod so that you are getting accurate readings. The danger could be if you had a short in your atomizer but most mods have short circuit protection. Just make sure that your coil does not touch any metal in the tank and your leads are cut short and you should be fine. If you plan on doing alot of building, I will say that you will want to invest in a coil building kit, Coil Master makes some good all inclusive kits.

elmo01us
    Participant

I’ve got the Innokin kroma mod and I did order a coil master V2 tool kit with it. After watching several videos I feel like I could at least do the single coil and simple build at least to start with. I also like the thought of the cost savings to not have worry about running out of coils before I reorder. It does appear like the RTAs and RDAs bring a little bit better flavor from watching people’s reviews, but I’ve also found it has a lot to do with the juice as well.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.