Welcome to the Forum and Introduce Yourself

Forum Rules Welcome to the Forum and Introduce Yourself

This topic contains 459 replies, has 215 voices, and was last updated by  Steve 2 days, 2 hours ago.

Viewing 15 posts - 316 through 330 (of 460 total)
  • Author

Steve

Welcome George! I smoked about the same, over 2 packs a day for 35 years and was able to make the switch to vaping, it is a life saver! Glad you could join us!

Jerry_Joe
    Participant

Welcome Monte Josh Perk Jason and George. Good to have you here.

Derek Redden
    Participant

Hi ladies & gents. I’m Derek from Nova Scotia, Canada. Served 25 years in the Airforce. Retired veteran now and trying like a sob to quit the icky sticks Chris.

Steve

Welcome Derek! Don’t give up, a little will power, the right set up, and the right eliquid and you can do it!

Derek Redden
    Participant

I may need help Steve. This is my second kick at the can. I did this before and was down to 10-12 icky sticks a day which is right where I’m at now. I’m using the Cuboid 150 upgraded to 200W with the Melo II tank. I’m using 4mg juice and going soon to 5mg. I make my own e-juice so I can play with the mg as needed. I’m just not sure if I’m going about this right or not to get of the icky sticks. So any suggestions would be appreciated.

Steve

4mg? That is way too low and I think a mtl set up with higher nic, maybe 12mg or 18mg for when you get a craving. Keep the DL set up for when you want to just vape. I have been smoke free for 2 and a half years and still use 12mg in mtl set ups, I leave the 3mg for dl and when I just want to vape. Works for me.

Derek Redden
    Participant

I’ll make a batch of 12mg today and let it steep. I just find straight lung hits with higher Nic makes me cough my lungs out but will try it again.

Derek Redden
    Participant

Sorry mtl? DL?

Jerry_Joe
    Participant

I’m in the same boat as you Derek. I DL on a sub ohm tank with 3mg nic. Sometimes I feel like I need more nic and not necessarily more cloud. I haven’t MTL vaped in years but I’m considering getting a setup for MTL. Maybe one of those Smok Nord kits and some 12 mg/ml nic. I haven’t vaped anything higher than 3 in years, so I’m apprehensive. But sometimes I chain vape that 3 mg and I feel like I need more.

Steve

Derek, I would not try to DL 12mg, but get yourself a MTL set up that you can use 12mg liquid in. I assume that when you smoke a cigareete you do not direct lung hit the cigarette, so when you get the craving for a cigarette, use the MTL set up with the higher nic level to satisfy your cravings, then use the DL set up for vaping enjoyment and maintaining nic levels throughout the day. There is nothing that says you can’t vape both MTL and DL, I do exactly that, I use the MTL set ups with 12mg and vape that when I have cravings for a cigarette and then use the 3mg for DL for enjoyment.

colm84
    Participant

What’s the craic lads.Im from Ireland myself and I’m looking forward to being in this lounge doing a bit of cloud chasing 🙌🏻

Steve

Welcome colm84!

Jerry_Joe
    Participant

Welcome colm84. I had to look up that craic stuff. I thought it was a typo.

edmunddageneral
    Participant

I’m Edmund DaGeneral from Toronto and looking forward to participating in convos and entering in these giveaways. I WANNA WIN

Derek Redden
    Participant

Sorry I don’t know what you mean by DL and MTL.

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.