Welcome to the Forum and Introduce Yourself

Forum Rules Welcome to the Forum and Introduce Yourself

This topic contains 515 replies, has 240 voices, and was last updated by  jhonwik630 1 year, 6 months ago.

Viewing 15 posts - 481 through 495 (of 516 total)
  • Author

wy0archer
    Participant

Hi! I’m a 43yr old new vaper in C. Oregon. I just began vaping and am desperately trying to quit a 30+ year habit of smoking cigarettes. I’ve watched hundreds if not thousands of reviews on YouTube, Vape Tube, Vimeo and Periscope. I’ve read blogs, watched vlogs and signed up for every social media platform available. I made a promise to my kids, my family and most importantly to myself. I promise to kick cigarettes! When I saw your video in the “what’s up next” lineup in my YouTube videos I searched for more! I found Tiavapes and VapeLounge and so many more! It has opened up a whole new world for me! I was so disgusted with how my clothes, my hair, my hands and even my breath smelled after smoking. This in conjunction with my health declining and my kids begging me to quit so I could guarantee I’d be alive when they graduated school was enough to make me continue to research vaping. I do not come from a background of money and convenience. Every penny saved is precious. We are a hard working family and live off grid. I was spending a couple hundred dollars a month on cigarettes. I knew if I could make it 9 months solid without a cigarette and just vape on delicious liquid that was natural and satisfying my nicotine cravings I could beat this!

On my birthday, December 23, I was given my first “big girl” mod. A Vaporesso Luxe. I had what was almost the same as a sponsor and she was a vaping queen! She had smoked for 50 years! She quit by vaping. I cried when she came to my home in the dead of Winter and handed me a small box wrapped in Christmas wrapping paper. Without unwrapping it I begged her please take this home your support, your love, helping me quit smoking, it is the best gift that you could ever give me. She insisted. So I opened the box and there it was. It was so beautiful! I kept it hidden in my bedroom only using it at night, when I had my worst cravings.

My goal is to be completely finished and call myself a non-smoker by my next birthday (Dec23). So the next celebration will be celebrating my life! I don’t have a whole lot of nice things or a whole lot of money to buy nice things. It wasn’t the amount of money that it cost my friend to give me that gift. It was the heart and compassion behind the gift and the support and the encouragement to continue to fight for my life and quit smoking. That mod meant so much because I was so proud to own it and use it, even if it was just at home, it kept me away from deadly cigarettes.

Awhile back I helped my boyfriend kick the icky sticks with an Innokin EQ and now he won’t give it back lol but whatever keeps him vaping! I donated my stick vape pen “vaping it forward” as they say so another person had a chance to experience vaping and help save a life. I am so proud to be part of the vape fam!

• This reply was modified 2 years ago by  wy0archer.

Steve

Welcome wy0archer! very touching story, I think you have to focus on getting yourself off of cigarettes before you can start working to get others to quit! But I wish you luck in your journey, it can be done, just need some will power and don’t need a ton of money to do it. If you took half of your smoking budget and put it towards vaping, you could kick the habit and still have extra money to spare!

Edited because I just saw your Twitter feed Holly and that certainly tells a different tale than what was told here? First “big girl” mod was an Aegis Mini and you purchased 2 Vaporesso Luxe Kits. It also says that you are looking into a Vape Cabinet to display all your pretties. So which part of your vape story is,actually true? Seems like this is a tale of two Holly’s!!

• This reply was modified 2 years ago by  Steve.
    • This reply was modified 2 years ago by  Steve.

Petersutherland81
    Participant

Hi my name is Peter been vaping for 5yrs been off icky sticks this long also love flavours of different juices more of a fruity menthol twist type of guy but I do like some dessert flavours and love indoor smokers lmao every time on vids on YouTube love from UK ✌️

Steve

Welcome Peter! Congrats on 5 years smoke free!

RobRippsta
    Participant

Hey Lounge, I’m Rob 54 socal native,.,.,My ciglyf was from 1983-4/9/2014 w/ no attempts at quitting until now! I was having knee surgery on 4/10/14. The month prior i bought my first vape pen and 24%nic cherry and about a weeks worth of Nicoderm CQ patches,.,haha It was a nic overkill to the point of becoming sick! But no cravings and 10 days in i had zero urges to light up.,,i was stoked! I have tapered down to a 3%nic using modern equip. Major props to Eleaf, Uwell Crown mini, Smok TFV 12 baby prince! I just hit 5 years cig free and have helped 4 close friends get it done too! Awesome feeling and hope to gain knowledge from you as well! Thanks

Steve

Welcome Rob! 5 years that’s awesome!

Affrowhale
    Participant

im a new vaper i quit smoking as feb 14 and i aint looking back

Steve

Welcome affrowhale!

GrizzlyKt
    Participant

hi folks im GrizzlyKt from the Uk great to be here vape on peeps

Steve

Welcome Grizzlykt!

Esvl
    Participant

Hello everyone.
    From Florida

Steve

Welcome

From the forum

Milljord355
    Participant

Hello fellow vapors. I have been watching imdoorsmokers for a long time and finally signed up for this Forum. I used to vape a tank and mod but it wasn’t good enough for me to quit stinkies. So I switched to the Novo and I love it. Just need to figure out which replacement pod is best for me.

Steve

Welcome to the forum milljord! Glad you found what works for you!

VaPorrini
    Participant

Hey, How’s Everyone doing, Hope staying Cloudy at least 😎… I’ve actually been a member in here for a lil while now but don’t think I properly introduced myself?! So, my name is Troy, I am From Bristol, Connecticut (Born & Raised) 39yr old single father of a Beautiful 15yr old Daughter! I started Vaping about 2yrs ago now, which I was a Smoker since I was 14yrs old, so a little over 23 years, and I knew I had to quit as it was messing with me Physically, Mentally and Financially… Anyway, so that’s a lil bit about who I am and I am Happy to be a part of this Lounge with Each and Every one of you!! Thank You for taking the time to read this 😆 “Enjoy, Vape On and Keep it Cloudy Vapestas 😎 💨💨

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.