What's your average lifespan on your pemade coils?

Tanks & Rebuildables What's your average lifespan on your pemade coils?

This topic contains 5 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  Steve 8 months, 1 week ago.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author

Bradley
    Participant

Hello there fellow vapers! A newbie vapor here. I was jjst curious as to how long does your coils last in your sub ohm tanks. On my Aegis Legend 200watt mod by Geek Vape and rocking the Falcon by HorizonTech with the M2 mesh coils “.16 ohm 70-80 watts” mixed with organic cotton and wood pulp. It reallyy brings out the flavor of my juices and good vaper production! As far as lifespan goes on them I usually get 6 days on the mesh coils vaping at 70 watts before you start to get that burnt taste. I’m not into rebuildables just yet but has cought my interest. I’d just like to to hear about your experiences. Thanks everyone! Keep on vaping!

Steve

Coil life is going to depend on how high of a wattage you are using them at, what kind of eliquid you are using, whether or not your eliquid is a darker liquid with alot of sweeteners, how often you vape. Alot of different reasons as to why you would need to change coils more frequently. General rule is once a week for all coils, some might get more time if there juice is not high in sweeteners, it really all depends on the factors above. The best thing about rebuilding is that you can get away with just dry pulsing the coil and cleaning it and rewicking it and you will be good as new again. You could probably last a month or two easy on the same coil with just some cleaning and rewicking your coils say after 6 days rather than replacing the whole coil. That is where rebuilding is more cost effective.

Bradley
    Participant

Really appreciate the info Steve! I’m most likely going to learn how to to build my own coils. This replacing once a week can get expensive. I got into vaping to quit the cigarettes and to save money. I successfully quit smoking through vaping. I just hate to defeat half my purpose as to saving money as well. Appreciate your insight on this!

Steve

Well rebuilding has it’s advantages but takes some practice. In reality the premade coil is still good, it is the wicking inside that has to be replaced but unless you can get it back together, you have to replace it. There is a time and a place for rebuilding, if you have the time to do it, it is super cost effective as a 200ft roll of Kanthal is around $7 on Amazon and a bag of cotton that will last years is about the same. If you stick to easy builds in the beginning, it can be great to rebuild. There is also the cost of a rebuilding kit, that I highly recommend getting if you do get into rebuilding, as it has everything you need and you can pick one up from Coil Master for around $40. Replacing coils is still good if you don’t have time to build and you can just replace the coil in seconds. I am not a high wattage vaper, for DL, I am usually between 40-50 watts and on my kanger subtank coils I will easily get 2 weeks on a coil with a clear liquid with not alot of sweeteners, I don’t have any experience with the M2 Mesh coils but mesh is supposed to last longer, but like I said, the mesh is still good, it is the wicking that makes your coil taste that way.

Bradley
    Participant

Really appreciate your insight on this. Any information on will help. I’ve been watching a ton of YouTube videos on how to build simple mini coils using 24 guage Kanthal but everyone has their own way of doing things and some contradict the other. I was told that having an ohm meter isn’t necessarily required if your building on a regulated mod like my Aegis Legend. I guess I’m just going to have to purchase the necessary building kit, ask for the type of wire I would need to do a .16 ohm like what my coil is reading now.

Steve

You can use a mod as a resistence checker but it should be one that is extremely accurate at resistence checking. It is better to get a good one and not risk shorting a mod. As far as how to build a great site for info:

http://www.steam-engine.org/ohm.html

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.